Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arrogancy comes with visibility

I recently had an indirect experience of how visibility can hatch Arrogance in a person, my brother was traveling to Chandigarh from Delhi and on the bus a girl was sitting besides him, he has the habit of talking to people in a friendly way. So , he asks her ,"What do you do?" , she says "You might be knowing me, I am Roop from Roadies" and my bro being a hosteller where they dont watch TV that much, said " This year's or the last year's"  and the fuse goes off in the roadie mind. :) and she must be thinking at this point of time , that how can this guy not know me. And then off she goes to sleep and does not talk to my bro for the rest of the journey.
What I have generally seen in life is that as and when people gain visibility and recognition in some or the other way, be it a public recognition as in a TV show or a professional recognition as a out of place promotion, they tend to become arrogant as and when they climb up and up the ladder. The higher they climb the more arrogant they become.
This is a natural phenomenon or the manifestation of one's mind is something that can be debated upon, but I think that it happens to everyone its just the degree that varies.
I hope I dont lose my poise and calm as I move up the ladder in my life.


Powered by Qumana


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home