Monday, October 17, 2005

The Indian car choice

Most probably, next year, I plan to buy a car. I would go for a medium segment car, and in the present market my choice maybe wrested on the Suzuki Swift. But I think in a gradually maturing car market like India, there should be some more choice off the shelf .
According to me Ford fusion and Hyundai Getz are overpriced in light of what they offer. With players like Honda, Toyota and GM in the country , I had expected some more cars populating this segment to arrive by the end of 2005. This would give a wider array of choice for the Indian consumer. Toyota Aygo is a good alternative for this segment in India , GM's Spark (the rechristened Matiz) is probably going to be launched jan 2006, but still its the same old matiz. Moreover the electronics and accessories in India are double their costs in Dollars in the US.
Come on ..Dammnit!!! We, in the first place, don’t earn dollar salaries and still we have to shell double the amount., I hate shelling out twice the money for something that I can get half the cost. Just compromising on the fact that I have to wait for someone to come from the US to bring that for me, its worth the wait.
The Automotive players in the country should take note of the increasing will to spend money by the neo-Indian soon enough. I need to have 2-3 cars in choice to decide on one to buy. Its said that the Swift is a let down on the interiors but if there is competition then this kind of laxity is taken care of much by the player. I am waiting till the mid of next year and if there is no more choice then the current, I will be going for the Swift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home