Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Divine Evil Lord

Interesting heading this post has .Today is the eve of Dussehra in India and this festival symbolizes the end of evil by the good. I am reffering to ravana as "The Divine lord of evil" .Ravana,though evil, was the most learned man in the history of mankind. So learned he was, that the symbolic representation of ravana is a man with ten heads. Its said that he had the brain equivalent of 10 men.
Luckily for me the effigies of Ravana and his two brothers , Maghanad and Kumbhakarana were to be burnt near just a little away from my office building. So I went to the top , on the seventh floor, when the sun was just about to set. But they burnt the effigies at 1930 here , so I had to wait alomost 2 hours to see ravana burn. I took my camera along and clicked for many pictures for almost 2 hours . I will post those here tomorrow. Many of my colleagues had come with their wives and children just to have the best look for the Dussehra celebrations. The traffic in the city was just out of control kinds today. Then me and my rommate went to a mall and I had Italian veg lassagne for dinner. The place is called Fortune platters and it has ended up becoming my favourite place for having a sumptous dinner. The resturant uses the best tasting sauces for cooking. Its a great place to eat, with the prices absoutely justified keeping in mind the quality they give.
Dussehra is celebrated differently in different parts of india and is considered as representation of the win of good over evil. 20 days after dussehra, follws the festival of Lights ,'Deepwali' as its complete name goes and the short and mostly used name is 'Diwali' . May this Dussehra bring he end of evil in this ever growing violent world.
Here are the pictures of The Dussehra eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home