Thursday, October 06, 2005

The battle that ended in victory!!!

Hmpphhhh!!! Finally I emerged victorious against 3 enemies after a battle that lasted grueling 5 hours. I am talking about winning a game of Ages of Empires ( The conquerors). I had been playing against 3 players under the Moderate difficulty level from the last week and they used to get together and busted me out real bad. But finally I found how not to let them get together and instead of fighting 3 on 1, how to make them fight all 4 against each one of the other.

The situation is a little complex but yeah , then these computer's players keep attacking with Spearmen and Archers like a wall of determination. But building castles , walls and bombard towers helps me a lot, once you have surrounded your city with walls and bombard towers, then there is a chance to take the onslaught which is from all the directions. They kill the workers and don’t let them extract resources, today two of the players also brought terbuchelets to blow up my castles. One was sending his doomed ships to me quite frequently but eventually I subdued this enemy at the sea and then proceeded to destroy his city from the sea using my Elite Canon ships to destroy targets at land , fast fire and galleons to destroy targets at sea. Finally they managed to breach my city's wall after suffering heavy casualties. But I was ready; my army of archers, paladins, and swordsmen were waiting. But I was out of gold and stone to even proceed with repairs.

2 players subjugated but the third one persisted. The guy had made god knows at least 15 town centers. I sent workers to gather as much stone as they could from the areas of subjugated players and built castles around the city of the standing player, for gold I had to destroy the temples and capture the relics as there was no gold left on the land. Finally after a prolonged battle and destroying all his town centers the third player subjugated and the long awaited message "You are Victorious" appeared on my computer screen..hhhmmmppphh what a relief i said to myself.

Pssttt!!! I had to win this time as the book I am reading these days before I go to sleep is none other then "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu(known as the master in the warcraft). Its an interesting book, but when you start reading it, it sounds all so weird to the mind but after you are through around 30 pages (at a stretch) , it appeals to the instinct in your mind. Then the mind says "Yeah !!That’s what I call cool stuff....Let the enemy come , now I know the art of war!!" But, I think I need to read that book as many times as possible to memorize those tips Sun Tzu gives. He gives quite a lot valuable tips out of which some can be applied to the daily life events. In the first reading I don’t think I will recall much after a week of finishing the book, so may be I will go through that once every month. Just thinking, my procrastinator part never let me do this ....arrghhhh!!! I have to get over that procrastinating devil in me.

In the evening went for a short Basket ball game and came back to my desk. Life is getting interesting with time. I like my present job ...;)

Ccchhaaaarrge!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home