Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Nainital Experience


In Nainital
The trip to Nainital was a great experience. I went there with my colleagues. We were a group of 90 people in all. We started off from the New Delhi railways station and on the day of leaving (friday 16th Sep) it was raining cats and dogs. We took the train and reached KaathGodam station at around morning 6ish and then started on buses towards Nainital.
We reached Nainital but the rain still persisted. It was a real heavy downpour, so we had no option but to settle down in our Hotel and get fresh and have our Breakfast. We spend most of the day in playing Damsharas, Housie , cards and a stint in the rain which left us all drenched :)

The day ended on a note of despair for some , as it was in inside outing. But we had fun and I clicked a few pictures. The next day The rain gods favored us and the morning welcomed us with a bright sun.There was a commotion as it was sunday and our last day, saturday had been washed out , so everyone was in a hurry to get out and do the site seeing. Nainital is a region which has 9(Naini) lakes (tal) ..hence this name. We made a group of 6 guys , hired a SUV and headed for siteseeing at around 1100 am and we had to return by 400 pm.
First of all we went to a place called lake view, there was a marvellous view of the lake (dont remember the name). Then there was a Himalaya point (where you can see me in the main pic), it had the view of himalayas.
We then proceeded to a place called Lovers point. It had the usual , rocks and a deep vally behind the rocks ..meant for the lovers to either shout and proclaim their love for each other or die if they wanted to sacrifice for love ..hehe. From there we proceeded to a small waterfall , following which we went to a temple and then we saw the zoo (it had some awesome cheetahs and a huge owl, the biggest I have seen in my entire life).
After seeing the zoo , I insisted that I want to go to the Church which was there in the city and so I went. I like churchs for the peace and the candor they have. After that we walked along the lake and after a 30 min walk headed back to the hotel. Had our lunch and packed for the return journey.
That was the Nainital experience. There is a album here having a few of my pics.Overall it was an enjoyable experience for me, a nice break for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home