Friday, October 14, 2005

I-Pod Mania

I just read an article that Ferrari is also gonna support the I-pod integration in their cars. Prior to this I have read. Here is a link on Apple's Site displaying what all manufacturers have or are going to have the I-Pod support in their vehicles.
In Japan, Nissan, Mazda, Daihatsu, BMW, MINI, smart and Alfa Romeo deliver iPod integration with their car stereos for 2006 model lines. It just made me think that" Is all this I-Pod hype justified?" . Moreover the new music dock from Bose (the most renowned namei n the sound industry) has support only for the i-pod jack and you can't fit any other music player with that.
I want to point out that there are other players in the market like i-river, Dell, Creative etc. which are producers of MP3 players, "What happens of them?" I think they also produce quality products. But Hyping a single product should not happen. I-pod is slowly becoming the Windows of the portable music players.It can be contributed to the ease of use and the right pricing of the i-pod.
Apple today alos unveiled its new video I-pod which is priced at $299 for a 30Gb and $399 for a 60Gb variant. I think this is the most competitive pricing I have seen for a music player in recent times. Maybe this justifies the hype surrounding the i-pod, but surely I am of the opinion that flowing with the wave should not happen and one should really search for the features they want and then make a decision to buy from the various choices available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home